Aravindhan Anbazhagan believes in the vision that quality and relevant education imparted through practical skills can empower each and every student in the world. He foresees he can maximize the impact, by connecting the requirements & needs with the resources & opportunities available around the world.
Aravindhan completed his Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and Engineering at Sri Muthukumaran Institute of Technology, Mangadu, Chennai. During his student life, he was interested in the Computing domains like – green computing, object oriented programming and gained expertise in languages like Ruby on Rails.
After his graduation, because of his interest and passion towards Education, Aravindhan pursued the Teach For India Fellowship, where he worked full-time as a teacher nurturing Grade 4 & 5 students, known as ‘the Design Thinkers’.
Over the past 6 years, Aravindhan has been actively involved in volunteering with Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and has enabled organizing 150+ students & Young Professional activities across India as a dynamic volunteer. He is the past recipient of global recognitions like, Richard E Merwin Student Leadership Scholarship (2014) for his contributions towards IEEE Computer Society, IEEE MGA Larry K Wilson – Outstanding Asia-Pacific Student Volunteer Award (2016) and the IEEE EAB Meritorious Achievement Award in Pre-University Education (2018) for coaching and mentoring Pre-University students in STEM.
He has been featured in media including NDTV, the New Indian Express – EdEx, and many online web portals. He has delivered skill-building and motivational talks as a guest speaker at 33 Institutions across the nation and also spoke at TEDx about how we can champion our education system through the contextual education.
Aravindhan currently works as a part of the Fundraising & Communications team at Teach For India – Chennai and also serves on volunteer leadership roles in IEEE, as Madras Young Professionals Chair, Global YP Representative of IEEE Professional Communication Society, Webmaster of IEEE Region 10 Educational Activities and Mentoring Coordinator of IEEE CS Awards & Recognition Committee.
- TEDx talk by Aravindhan Anbazhagan
- Meet Aravindhan Anbazhagan, a Teach For India fellow who stacked up awards for his inspirational work (The New Indian Express)
- ‘Schooling’ his dreams to life (The New Indian Express)
- Aravindhan Anbazhagan – Engineer from India (Enonus, Inspire Beyond Borders)
- 2018 IEEE Educational Board Awards (IEEEXplore)
- Video: Computer Society Member and IEEE Award Winner Aravindhan Anbazhagan Speaks at TEDxGCEK (IEEE Computer Society)
- Richard E. Merwin Student Scholarship Winner Reveals How You Can Win One, Too (IEEE Computer Society)